With a quad-core 1GHz processor and 4GB of RAM, plus a ton of features packed into the tiniest of spaces, the APU really is the most impressive professional-grade embedded fanless server ever.
With heaps of storage options (including support for a hard drive), 3 Gigabit ethernet ports, and built-in 3G/4G support, the sky really is the limit.
Here’s what you can do with an APU 2 server:
- Manage all of your server tasks with ease – including firewalling, VPN routing, internet gateway or application serving – thanks to a powerful 1.0GHz quad-core AMD processor and up to 4GB of RAM
- Significantly reduce electricity consumption with an energy-efficient server that uses less than 12W per board
- Install your server in harsh environments, thanks to its robust design that ensures it can cope with industrial and remote locations
- Have the freedom to design your server your way, with the capacity to run many different flavours of Linux, and your choice of rackmount or standalone enclosures
- Connect your server to the world easily with three Gigabit ethernet ports per board, plus a serial port, 2 USB 3.0 ports and a SIM card slot
- Build the perfect redundant high-availability server in a single rack unit, with space for two APU boards in one 19″ 1RU rackmount enclosure
The APU 2 is ideal for you if:
- You need a business-grade server with the performance to handle more than just basic network tasks
- Your application really needs access to at least 2GB of RAM and preferably 4GB
- You need something that takes up as little space as possible
- You really need Gigabit ethernet
- You only need up to three ethernet ports, and don’t want or need any more
- You want redundancy in your internet connections
- You want to store logs, use caching or other write-intensive applications, so you need a hard drive or solid state drive
- You want to build an off-the-shelf super-sturdy network appliance for your clients
Get all the features you need in one single, small embedded computer with the awesomely feature-rich and fanless APU 2.